Once you've purchased one of our kits, the included instructions, also on this web page, detail the process of creating and preserving your pet's unique impression. Once your pet's impression is ready, it's simply a matter of mailing it using the included box to our studio in Knoxville, Tennessee where we take care of the hard part.
Upon its arrival, we use your pet's unique impression to create a mold and hand-craft your timeless keepsake. Because we are a small business, we are able to pay special attention to each order and guarantee that each print is crafted with the utmost care and attention. After you have mailed your impression back to us for finishing, expect 2-4 weeks for your completed charm to arrive.
For more detailed, instructional information, please see the list of steps below.
If you are taking an impression from a large animal (horse, large dog, etc.) your finished pendant will be approximately 1" across and will be made from a portion of the impression.
Taking the impression...
IMPORTANT: READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS FIRST.
Silicon sets quickly and you should try to finish making the impression within a few minutes of mixing the two parts together
- Before beginning, make sure that your pet has a clean nose and is nearby (the impression compound starts to set within a few minutes of mixing the two parts together).
- Remove both parts of the impression material from the plastic case.
- Mix the two parts together thoroughly, ensuring that it is completely mixed and there is no "marbling" of the mixture.
- Roll the mixture into a ball, flatten it and press it onto your pet's nose.
- Set the impression aside to cure for 15 minutes.
Place the impression in the box, fill out the form
below, detach and mail to...
precious metal prints
P.O. Box 123, Knoxville, TN 37901
Precious Metal Prints cannot be held liable for errors made by customer. Please follow all instructions in order to get the best impression. Pet noses vary and some may not make a strong impression. If you are for some reason unhappy with the results of your Precious Metal Prints charm, redo kits are available. Simply return your charm to: PMP, P.O. Box 123, Knoxville, TN 37901, along with $30 for a replacement charm kit. Please do not forget to include your address with your return.