Once you’ve purchased one of our kits, the included instructions, also on this web page, detail the process of creating and preserving your unique impression. Once your impression is ready, it’s simply a matter of mailing it using the included container to our studio in Knoxville, Tennessee where we take care of the hard part.
Upon its arrival, we use your unique impression to create a mold and hand-craft your timeless keepsake. Because we are a small business, we are able to pay special attention to each order and guarantee that each print is crafted with the utmost care and attention. After you have mailed your impression back to us for finishing, expect 2-4 weeks for your completed charm or cufflinks to arrive.
For more detailed, instructional information, please see the list of steps below or check out this video
DID YOU KNOW?
Children, on average, take 12 to 18 months to develop a defined fingerprint. For best results using one of our kits with an infant, make an impression using the child's toe as an alternative to his/her finger.
Making the print in precious metal clay...
IMPORTANT: READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS FIRST.
Clay dries quickly and you should try to finish making the impression within a minute or two of opening the foil envelope
- Open the foil envelope and remove the clay.
- Working quickly, knead the clay and roll it into a ball.
- Place the ball of clay between the folded piece of clear plastic supplied with your kit.
- Press down until the clay is approximately the size of a penny.
- Remove the top piece of clear plastic.
- Make sure that the finger you will be using to make the impression is clean and dry.
- Pressing firmly, push straight down on the clay and slowly remove the finger (use care not spread the clay too thin). It is not recommended to do this step more than once, as the clay dries quickly.
- Allow the clay to dry overnight on the bottom piece of clear plastic.
Place the dried clay impression in the Precious
Metal Prints box, fill out the form inside the
package and mail to...
precious metal prints
P.O. Box 123, Knoxville, TN 37901
Precious Metal Prints cannot be held liable for errors made by customer. Please follow all instructions in order to get the best fingerprint impression. Fingerprints vary and some may not make a strong impression. If you are for some reason unhappy with the results of your Precious Metal Prints charm or cuff links, redo kits are available. Simply return your charm or cufflinks to: PMP, P.O. Box 123, Knoxville, TN 37901, along with $30 for a replacement charm kit or $45 for a replacement cuff links kit. Please do not forget to include your address with your return.